Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Caging Mars and Venus

I met the SWAN team today. They have been working on some pretty amazing stuff. I thought the behavior mod stuff Peter and I did was involved, but nothing compared to SWAN. They are working on modifying the hard-core stuff. They are attempting to control long-term emotional behaviors like love and hate, but for short-term duration.

Modifying somthing like anger or contentment, short-term emotional responses, is as simple as controling chemical responses. What Swan is attempting is modification of a series of complex emotional, chemical, electical and experiential responses. And they want it temporary. The animal studies were facinating and now they are begining human trials. I get to assist with some of the work until I'm recovered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home