Friday, March 31, 2006

Harbinger

My latest project really scares me. Though we are still some weeks away from engagement, the team is very keyed up. On edge is a better way to put it. We're shooting at the top and our risk of exposure is huge. The target is 'allied' with us! They know our capabilities, though they cannot prove it will be us. They will suspect...there will be blow-back.

Collateral damage estimates are also very high. 10-20 possible. I'm not going along this time but I am assisting Wil in building it. He'll deliver the pill to the mule. The target's spouse will be the delivery system and caviar is the catalist. It's the single item on the menu that has a narrow constituancy in order to limit the casualties.

There's pressure from a source personally associated with the project to affect Hamas and limit their motivations. There are so many people trying to pull the stings and get hold of our tools...

I got to speak to mom. She thinks I'm working and living in Germany. I still resent very much the limits on my freedom, but at least she knows I'm still alive.

Wil is most accomodating with regard to my personal needs. I can't say we are in love or anything like that. But we like and respect each other and the personal attention on the side helps with the loneliness. We are very discreet but I wouldn't fool myself into thinking our superiors aren't aware of our affair. Don't ask, don't tell, and keep the workers happy. Duty above and beyond, if you ask me. Not very flattering to me personally but we seem to enjoy our own company...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home