Friday, March 17, 2006

Another Bastard Bites the Dust

The Surbs were tough and this one cost me. I thought I was going to lose my arm, the damage was extensive.
I wasn't even anywhere near the lead on this one. It's taken the team so long to even get close to this guy. We lost several people and a few civies over the course of the last three years.

I was just the mule. Got to spend a few weeks in Belfast and Tartu. I had to carry around some other lady's baby as part of my cover. Shit, that was hard. How can you focus on anything, on the JOB? He was charming. Never so glad to give a baby back in my life.

I was caught in the cross-fire on the extraction when they tracked us down. Borchaque was a snitch and he got away. No doubt we'll need to take him out asap, if it hasn't happened already. He's got limited intel but he's a risk, according to Wil, just because he's seen a couple faces. Silver lining is the dendromer was flawless. I've a feeling this one was personal for someone up the food chain, a lot of 'someones'.

I've been out of commission for quite a while as they tried to save my arm, and no doubt my life. I spent two days in a coma and several more in ICU. My whole upper body was in a cast for weeks but I'm loose now, except for the arm. It remains in a cast and the meds are helping with the infection. I should have taken Wil's advice and let someone else deliver the pill, but I have to admit, I'm a junky for it now.

Death wish? Maybe. Nothing left to lose? Mostly. Need to get laid? Most definately. But the object of my affection is strictly hands-off now. We can appreciate that the work keeps us close, as well as distracted. I know we worry about each other and that can't help but color our perspective every time we get the green light.

Getting tired of masterbating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home