Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I don't want to go on the cart

I'm not dead yet.

I've managed to survive the trip through the desert to the coordinates where I burried my daughter. Blazic and two from his team dropped with me via helocopter just below the first rise, south of Black Diamond. The remainder of the trip was on foot. The 'enemy' knew about Cochise Stonghold but it's a big, harsh place. It was a race to see if we could recover Lily before being spotted. By whom he would not tell me. His strategy was to get in and out as quickly as possible.

All for naught, I'm afraid. Not to sound blaze' about it...they did shoot the hell out of us. The location succeeded in culling the numbers but we were still followed. We were yards from the grave stones when they found us. More like heard them coming and they weren't shy about it. No need to be. We're miles from anywhere and anyone, right?

Will went down just after I was shot in the back of the neck. I don't know if he's still alive but I'm trying not to be upset about it. I'm pretty sure he was the one who shot me. I was dragged away and knocked around just for fun, and completely unnecessarily I might add. I would have told them what they wanted to know. And I did. Dispite barely being able to see out of my swollen eyes, the GPS put us within a few yards of the grave and I led them right to her.

Spooks to the rescue. You can't go shooting up a national park without pissing off someone. Or maybe Will just planned ahead. Dozen or so military showed up. Don't know what happened then. Lots of shouting and swearing. So many angry people after the same thing.

It's not like the movies. No fancy shoot-out, no punch-for-punch fight. When the bullets fly everyone dives for cover and stays there. You only need to be bashed in the face once when it's done right and the fight is over. The sights and sounds are a nightmare. The Stronghold is a good place to hide. Hard place to search.

One of Will's men grabbed me and Lily and ran. We hid in a mouse tank I knew of. Sgt. Green carried me out, security all the hell over the place. He did his best to clean up my neck injury, which was minor, but I may never function the same again. We were hiding for a day or so in Benson. I was ill after that. Infection.

There was a truck ride that must have ended here. Once again I'm alone in a motel room to recover. I have clothes, equipment, money and short instructions. Blazic's team has Lily. I have to wonder if they know what that means? I want to go home. I don't know if that will ever be possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home