Friday, September 02, 2005

Back to the burn

I started back to work this week. I still haven't decided if I'm glad or not. I guess it's good to be out of bed and have something to do, but I miss you being there. Spook called me in Wednesday to give a status briefing on the Kswitch that came in from the isle of discontent. It looks like a false-activate. The soldier had a very rare chrome defect, AMN. I'm still running scenarios and chem models but it looks like the buildup of VLCFA in his body jerked the dendromer event chain and somehow mimicked the catalyst. Subject was secops so they want to find out what went wrong. I wish I could get the details on his op. I assume they meant gitmo but who knows. Everything is a little freaky there anyway.

There are suits all over the lab asking questions about things they know nothing about. Mainly why I logged it as kswitch. I spent nearly an hour explaining the protocols on fatal catalyst response and how they relate. They seemed more interested in how I was able to detect it. Isn’t that what I’m doing for them, dah!? I wanted to say ‘ I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you!’ and laugh maniacally. They keep questioning the burn rate margin but it IS, IS, IS, outside normal paramiters, therefore a kswitch event. Spook will override me, the fire’s big, intense.

Monday our house was full of our friends and family, all there to pay respects. I’m talking with mom’s pastor, who delivered a wonderful program at your wake and he starts literally shaking at the thought of me sending you by some ‘satanic’ means. Your parents left as I began my parting ritual, worried I was sending your soul to hell, no doubt. I’m sorry, I don’t mean to beat that particular horse. It was all really nice. Your ashes are part of the rose garden now. Mom thinks it’s beautiful and Stephen thinks it’s creepy. I think I’d like to cry about it but I’m doped up on this stuff that keeps me even-keeled (drone). You’d love it. I finally can’t form an opinion about anything. At least for the next 6 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home